SEIU Local 509 is a progressive union organizing and representing human service workers and educators in Massachusetts. We are currently seeking to hire a temporary (covering for a leave of absence) full time internal organizer to represent private sector human service workers. The position will be filled by the end of February and continue until the end of June, possibly longer.
General Statement of Duties:
- Develops leaders
- Educates and trains officers, stewards and members
- Negotiates contracts
- Monitors and ensures contract compliance
- Attends Labor / Management meetings
- Supports organizing of non-union human service workers
- Supports building political power for human service workers
- Performs related work as required
- Previous experience organizing and/or bargaining
- Commitment to the labor movement
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (listening, speaking, and writing)
- An insured, registered vehicle and a valid driver’s license are required
Works under the supervision of Private Sector Director, who reviews work for effectiveness, timeliness, accuracy and conformance with rules and regulations.
Compensation and Benefits:
Starting pay for an internal organizer is $64,883 annualized with excellent benefits. Employees should be able to work long and irregular hours. SEIU Local 509 is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants should send their resume and cover letter to: email@example.com