Internal Organizer – Private Sector Human Services
SEIU Local 509 is a progressive union organizing and representing human service workers and educators in Massachusetts. We are currently seeking to hire a temporary full time internal organizer to represent private sector human service workers. The term of the assignment will be January 15th – July 1 or 2019.
General Statement of Duties:
- Develops leaders
- Educates and trains officers, stewards and members
- Negotiates contracts
- Monitors and ensures contract compliance
- Attend Labor / Management meetings
- Supports organizing of non-union human service workers
- Supports building political power for human service workers
- Organize around workplace issues
- Performs related work as required
- Candidates should have previous experience organizing and or bargaining
- Commitment to the labor movement
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (listening, speaking, and writing)
- Ability to work closely with a diverse group of people from different backgrounds
- An insured, registered vehicle and a valid drivers’ license are required
Works under the supervision of the Private Sector Coordinator, who reviews work for effectiveness, timeliness, accuracy and conformance with rules and regulations.
May supervise interns directly; may provide functional supervision for other employees or members on per diem.
Compensation and Benefits:
For an internal organizer the rate of pay is between $64,883.31 and $74,126.12 depending on experience. Local 509 provides a comprehensive array of benefits. Employees should be able to work long and irregular hours. SEIU Local 509 is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants should send their resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.