- Please note: All ballots must be returned on or before March 7th to be counted.
- There are several special elections taking place, including one for Recording Secretary. All members in good standing should have received their ballot(s) via mail by Saturday, February 23.
- If you do not receive one, please email Jenny at firstname.lastname@example.org call 774-843-7509 x 1230 and specify your full name, worksite info, and home address, ie Mary Smith, DCF Worcester, 123 Main Street #1, Framingham.
Below you will find the list of opportunities to serve on the SEIU 509 Unionwide Trustee, Joint Executive Board (JEB) and Chapter Executive Boards (CEBs). If you are interested in running for a seat — or nominating a colleague — please follow these instructions:
- Submit nominations for vacancies in writing to Jenny Bauer by email (email@example.com), fax (508-485-8529), or US mail (293 Boston Post Road West, 4th Floor, Marlborough, MA 01752). When submitting the e-mail, please put “Nomination” in the subject line.
- Nominations will be accepted on a quarterly basis. If we receive more than one nomination for a seat, an election will be held.
- Only members in good standing are eligible for nomination. Members may nominate themselves or be nominated by fellow SEIU 509 members. The member doing the nominating also needs to be a member in good standing.
- Vacancies remain posted and completely up to date. Nominations are accepted quarterly: January 1, April 1, July 1, and October 12 (The Annual Meeting).
When submitting the e-mail, please put “Nomination” in the subject line.
Nominees who are unopposed shall be declared elected on that date. If offices are contested, election dates will be announced and candidates will be notified.