As Local 509 member, there are many opportunities to become more involved in your union. Make sure to bookmark this page as we update it frequently with new leadership vacancies and monthly nomination deadlines.
For additional details on the member-led selection process, please reference the 2019 General Election Policies & Procedures manual.
Below you will find the list of opportunities to serve on the SEIU 509 Unionwide Trustee, Joint Executive Board (JEB) and Chapter Executive Boards (CEBs). If you are interested in running for a seat — or nominating a colleague — please follow these instructions:
- Submit nominations for vacancies in writing to Jenny Bauer by email (email@example.com), fax (508-485-8529), or US mail (293 Boston Post Road West, 4th Floor, Marlborough, MA 01752). When submitting the e-mail, please put “Nomination” in the subject line.
- Nominations will be accepted on a quarterly basis. If we receive more than one nomination for a seat, an election will be held.
- Only members in good standing are eligible for nomination. Members may nominate themselves or be nominated by fellow SEIU 509 members. The member doing the nominating also needs to be a member in good standing.
- Vacancies remain posted and completely up to date. Nominations are accepted quarterly: January 1, April 1, July 1, and October 12 (The Annual Meeting).
- When submitting the e-mail, please put “Nomination” in the subject line.