As a Local 509 member, there are many opportunities to become more involved in your union. Make sure to bookmark this page as we update it frequently.
Below you will find the list of opportunities to serve on the SEIU 509 Union-wide Trustee, Joint Executive Board (JEB) and Chapter Executive Boards (CEBs). If you are interested in running for a seat — or nominating a colleague — please follow these instructions:
- The deadline to submit nominations for the first quarter of 2020 is January 21, 2020 at noon.
- Nominations are accepted on a quarterly basis: January 1, April 1, July 1, and at the October Annual Meeting, where nominations are only taken from the floor. If we receive more than one nomination for a seat and more than one member accepts the nomination, an election will be held.
- Only members in good standing are eligible for nomination. Members may nominate themselves or be nominated by fellow SEIU 509 members. The member doing the nominating also needs to be a member in good standing.
- All nominations are due by Tuesday, January 21, 2020 at noon. No exceptions will be made.
- If you are interested in running for a seat or nominating a colleague, please submit nominations for vacancies in writing to Jenny Bauer. You can reach her via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please put “Nomination” in the subject line.
- Fax: 508-485-8529
- US Mail: 293 Boston Post Road West, 4th Floor, Marlborough, MA 01752
For additional details on the member-led selection process, please reference the 2019 General Election Policies & Procedures manual.