The Local 509 Retirement Improvement Committee’s web pages are intended to provide interested parties with a general overview of retirement matters and issues. We hope that this resource will enable members to gain an introductory understanding of your retirement status and options. Links to other sites containing more detailed and official information are included. We strongly encourage state employees to contact the:
Massachusetts State Board of Retirement
1 Ashburton Place
Boston, MA 02108-1607
Go to the State Retirement Board website.
- M.G.L. Chapter 32, Section 3 – The state law on participation in the retirement system
- Retirement Contributions
- 2006 Buyback Law – For employees with “creditable service” who wish to “buy back” up to 4 years of time towards the state retirement system.
- The state law defining Group 2
- Understanding the difference between Group 1 and Group 2
- Section 10 layoff protections
- WEP and GPO – How Social Security benefits are impacted for those in the Massachusetts retirement system
- Massretirees.com – A great source of information for public sector retirees and employees in Massachusetts